Friday, May 16, 2008

Six Flags over Texas

Today was such a fun day. Jarah and I had our first day our together with no kids. We both took the day off from work and went to Six Flags over Texas.

We started out the day running a few errands once we dropped off the kids at school.

Around 10:00 am, we arrived at Six Flags. It was so much fun not to be in the kid's section of Six Flags and watch the younger generation go ride on all the 'adult' rides. We rode on the Batman ride, the boat ride and others. We waited in line for lunch at Papa John's Pizza for about 30 minutes. The park was filled full of teenagers from all over the place. I think all of the schools decided to take their field trip today. The longest we had to wait was 30 minutes for a ride. After lunch, we rode this roller coaster called Runaway Mountain. It was totally in the dark. I was not expecting this fast and in the dark roller coaster. We look forward to riding more rides in the future.

On some of the rides, I took my little camera that I normally mount on my R/C Helicopter. I have put together a little video from the 'Acme Rock-N-Rocket'. Its this ride where you sit in a huge boat and it goes around in a circle upside down. The video has been included. Yes, that is me screaming!

After we left Six Flags, we ran some more errands before picking up the kids.

I started the craziest project after dinner. In front of our house, we have these bushes that have crab grass in front of them. Mosquitoes use this grass as a breading ground. Jarah mentioned that it would be nice to get rid of those little crab grass plants and see what we can do with it. It was so nice night tonight, in the 70s, that I decided to rip them out. I took out about eight feet of crab grass. It was tough. I also trimmed the bushes before pulling them out.

It was bath time and ready to get the kids to bed after that....

We ended the day watching 51st Dates.

Ty

4 comments:

Penny said...

That's great that you two got to spend the day at an amusement park with no kids. Now, about that ride you videoed. I would have had to change my pants if I had been on there. Thanks for the post.

Anonymous said...

JARAH!! HI! I am sooo tickled to have found your blog thru my SIL, Toni...YEA!!! ;0) How are you guys doing down there (we're in AK). We plan on a big move back to Utah to begin a clinic but as to when...well, who knows! We're slowly planning away! So nice to see you bloggin'!!!

Shelly Kenison said...

awesome video looks like it was a super fun date!

Hmachine said...

Yeah for dates without kids!!! :) You look GREAT!! have you lost weight since we moved from TX??? Thanks for finding me. It's good to catch up! :) :)

3 kids is great. They make me laugh! :)